Thursday, September 6, 2007

OK, I promise. Last kicker story of the week.

Joe is such a comedian (Beacon News)

"I thought he was trying to get a transfer," said Novak. "He was knocked out (on his feet). They were walking him to the locker room and he asked (trainer) Phil Voorhis what (Iowa) was doing on that side of the field."


Nendick, just how good are you?

"To be honest, I think I may have taken one rep punting in practice all of (preseason) camp," said Nendick, who couldn't remember even practicing punts the previous two seasons. He did handle punting chores in high school at Naperville Central.

You're so awesome Nendick, I wish I could be just like you. Why did you miss that FG though in the game?

Nendick, who missed a 44-yard field goal in the first quarter Saturday later connected from 33 yards out. Soldier Field is noted for its tricky winds coming off Lake Michigan.

"I kind of got played on that first one," said Nendick. "I went back on film and saw that my mechanics were as sound as they can get, but the ball tailed a little bit and the wind out there pushed it a little."

He thinks the new Yordon Center building off the north end zone may help kickers at Huskie Stadium by blocking some of the wind.


OK Chris. So the wind played you...I didn't know it could do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment