Wednesday, March 5, 2008

About Red and Black Attack

It's been a while since I started this thing and just wanted to let everybody know who I am and where this thing came from. Kind of late for an "About Me", but better late than never!

This blog was started right after the Iowa game to begin the 2007 Football season. I was inspired to write one by reading The Hawkeye Compulsion, an Iowa Hawkeye blog which has since turned in to Black Heart Gold Pants. I liked the dedication to their team and the great sense of humor that the guys over there have. I just try to emulate the success that they are having right now at BHGP, while being a tad bit more journalistic and professional. Haha, I love those guys.

Another reason why I started this up, is because the MAC gets a bad wrap in not having enough media exposure. Sure, there are the local newspapers, but sometimes they don't fill you in with the entire story. I just try to get the story of NIU Athletics out there in to the mainstream.

We have such a dedicated fan-base that is constantly growing nationally. We have a great niche of fans that enjoy the small schools and people who enjoy an old-school consistent running game. We've sent great running backs to the NFL in Michael Turner (Atlanta Falcons) and Garrett Wolfe (Chicago Bears).

The only a few MAC blogs out there, and they are listed under the links on the right. A few are fan-run, while certain journalists write through their respected newspaper websites. Just like I said, there is a big lack of media following the Mid-American Conference. The Big 11 teams may have 3, 4 or 5 blogs just dedicated to them, while the MAC is just slowly growing fans.

Personally, I am currently a Junior here at Northern Illinois and am part of the great Business program we have here. I enjoy any possible feedback on this site and you can leave me a comment or e-mail me at coolbreez@gmail.com.

It just makes me feel great when a fan or a player's parent likes the blog, and motivates me work that hard to bring valuable information and writing to the community of NIU fans all over.

-Mad Mike

P.S. I am always looking for people to dedicate anything to making this blog better, and will always consider people to help add writing or analysis.

1 comment:

  1. There are two Ball State blogs as well, my own at http://ballunation.blogspot.com/ & Phil Friend at http://thesixthballbrother.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete