Monday, September 17, 2007

All Demetrius Jones all the time


More and more Demetrius here we go...

Departing from my local news scene, D-Jones tells ESPN that he was misled by ND Coach Charlie Weiss coming in to this season.

Throughout the summer, Jones was told by Weiss that he believed that he could obtain the starting job. Now the season starts, and Weiss has said that QB Jimmy Clausen was the #1 guy all along. Way to commit to your players, coach!

Quote: "I thought I was getting a chance because coach Weis believed in me. Then I didn't know what to believe anymore.''

ESPN & The South Bend Tribune also report that DJ has not been in contact with the NIU coaching staff at all!

He says he still has not had contact with the Northern Illinois coaching staff and has no idea when he'll begin practicing his new team.

"If they even know I'm here, it's because of rumors and nothing I told them," he said. "My plan is to practice with them this year and be eligible to play next fall. I'd then have three years of eligibility. That's how I hope it works out."

"Everything so far has taken place outside the athletic department,"
NIU's spokeswoman Donna Turner has said.

Strange how this is turning out. Definitely a unique situation. Ballsy move by Demetrius Jones. Expects to come in and take the starting QB spot away from incumbent Dan Nicholson and Paul Blalock, a highly touted transfer from Illinois who is sitting out this year.

More quotage:

"I thought I'd be a good fit for this team, with my mobility and a young offensive line. But when I found that out that Jimmy was going to be the quarterback no matter what, I thought to myself, 'Do I wait for my opportunity or do I go out and make my opportunity?' "

No comments:

Post a Comment