Thursday, February 14, 2008

School Shooting @ NIU

I am OK, but this is bad. Very surreal. Nobody should have the experience that I am having right now. The shooter is confirmed dead which is good, probable suicide. Keep the 15+ victims in your prayers. For those that don't know, the shooting was inside Cole Hall, which is located almost at the center of campus. Keep the university students in your prayers.

Luckily my class was located in Barsema at the time, as farthest away as I could be. Walking up to the building, all I heard were people talking on their cell phones about seeing ambulances and the shooting. I couldn't believe my ears. The building was properly locked down for an hour or so and we were let out and finally got cell phone service so we could call our families.

Cole Hall. I remember taking one of my finals in that place, thinking to myself and saying to my friends that this would be the place a shooting would maybe happen. Classes in Cole house the most amount of people in one place on campus. Cole is one of the oldest, most run down buildings on campus. I could care less if they tore that entire place down. Truly unbelievable. The biggest auditorium on campus. I have friends in critical condition and wish for their recoveries.

Please anybody that wants an eye-witness account, I wasn't there. Therefore I really don't want to give an interview. Especially with all this grief that is going on right now. I'm so sad that somebody close to me has to have surgery and I don't even know if she's OK. Please e-mail me support, not inquiries because I don't know anything other than what's being reported on the news.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Breezy --

    Sorry you and your fellow NIU students had to go through that. What a nightmare. From the sound of your recent posts, you're doing pretty well, moving on ... stay strong.

    - BT

    ReplyDelete