Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our Recruiting Budget + Chicago Media Day

EMU leads the MAC with a $611,412 budget. Really? NIU is 2nd from last with a $254,495 budget.

#1 overall is the team we play October 4th in Tennessee spending $2,005,700 last year. Here's the rest of that list.

Insanity.


Chicago Media Day:

Interesting quote by Jerry Kill (HuskiePride.com)

“I believe to compete in the MAC conference, you’ve got to be able to run,” Kill said. “I felt like taking the job, we’re going to build this thing on speed. A good friend of mine is Gary Patterson, the head coach at TCU. That’s what we did at Southern, we tried to be built like TCU. I like running.”

Well that would be a good idea, since TCU destroyed us in the 2006 Pointsettia Bowl 37-7. Don't ask QB Ryan Morris about that game. Kill also beat us LY as head coach of the SIU Salukis. Learn from your mistakes, I guess...lol

Need for speed

With speed in mind, NIU tailback Justin Anderson has dropped 12 pounds. “I want him lean and I want him to be able to run.”

Good. Exactly what Justin Anderson needs to do. Kill has been saying that he's been in a lot better shape lately than he was last year.

Bulletin board material - AD Jeff Compher getting feisty (niuhuskies.com)

"I am kind of calling the (Mid-American Conference) preseason poll the `no love poll,' because so far not many people are giving us a lot of respect in the conference with where we're going to finish. But don't I think we're a last place team. I don't think we have the kind of people around our program that are used to being in last place. So I'm anxious to get out on the field and prove the prognosticators wrong."


I thought that was a Kill quote first looking at it. Wow.

Kill's country side comes out

"We're going to take one day at a time. Old Willie Nelson had a song, 'Take One Day at a Time,' and I believe that.

Practice picks up Monday, Aug 5th

No comments:

Post a Comment