Tuesday, January 22, 2008

2007 Blogger Awards


College Football has ended and it's time to look at this past season and help recognize some of the best blogs out there. I started this blog by glancing at the 2006 winners, and got inspired by some of the really cool ones out there. Last year this whole thing was set up by Tennessee Blog Rocky Talk Top, while EDSBS has the listings of the awards and criteria for this year and has details on how to nominate blogs for awards.

The awards I'm most excited about are as follows:

Best new blog

FOR: The best blog started within the past year.

CRITERIA: Must have launched sometime after the prior year’s national championship game.

The Job Award

FOR: The blog that has suffered through its chosen team’s dismal season with the most dignity.

CRITERIA: Continued engagement in the face of crippling, misery-inducing defeat. A stiff-upper lip and sane reaction to everything crumbling to dust. (Yeah, this is definitely how I felt following NIU Football this year lol)

And of course...

Best Non-BCS blog


MY NOMINATIONS:


Anyways, I've been really impressed with a few of the blogs that I have read and people I have conversed with in the Blogosphere.

I would like to nominate the AKOLDIES.org Blog for "Best Looking Blog", "Best Non-BCS Blog" and "Best New Blog". The Akron alum posts consistent information about the Zips and the site is very visually pleasing.

Also, I want to nominate Saturday Sound-Offs for "Best New Blog" and "Best Writing". The wealth of info on that site is ridiculous. You can always expect great commentary consistently from that site.

One other blog out there is tremendous and needs to be commended for his great efforts this season and that's Navy blog Pitch Right. I would definitely recommend that blog for the "Best Writing" and "Best Non-BCS Blog" awards. His huge, detailed and interesting posts inspired me to write a little more in my own postings.

For "Funniest Blog", the Iowa blog Black Heart Gold Pants has to win. Whenever I need a laugh I go to that site. I haven't seen one site yet post consistently funny material quite like BHGP. Definitely one of my biggest inspirations to start my own blogging experience.

1 comment: